Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection proudly presents the Les Paul Standard 50s!
This guitar lovingly recreates the feel and tone of the 1950s era Les Pauls.
Epiphone’s long friendship with Mr. Les Paul began in 1940 when Les built one of the world’s first solid body electric guitars while working nights at the original Epiphone factory in Manhattan.
Les’ first solidbody guitar, nicknamed “the Log”, would go on to inspire the Les Paul Standard, which many consider the greatest electric guitar ever made.
The guitar is crafted with
- a mahogany body,
- maple cap (AAA veneer on figured tops),
- bound 50s shaped mahogany neck with long neck tenon,
- Indian laurel fingerboard with classic trapezoid inlays,
- Epiphone's new Vintage Deluxe tuners,
- a pair of critically acclaimed Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers,
- gold Top Hat knobs with dial pointers.
This Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Original model also has the Kalamazoo headstock, rolled neck for a comfortable feel, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, era-appropriate wiring, and CTS® pots.