The new UpTown Kat™ ES Collection is the next generation of Epiphone’s classic “Kat” archtop and features a true ES style semi-hollowbody archtop with newly designed Epiphone ProBucker™ FB720 mini humbuckers™, Graph Tech® nut, Ebony fingerboard, and Grover® Rotomatic tuners.
Epiphone's ProBucker™ humbucker has quietly become one of the most talked-about pickups in the industry. It has fooled experts, vintage purists, and even luthiers who have worked with the best vintage examples from the late 50s and early 60s. Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers are the real deal - made with 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented.
The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output. The size and shape of the bobbins also has a great impact on tonal response. And the bobbins used on ProBucker™ pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers. Epiphone ProBucker™ pickups also feature sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire, and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
- Body Material: 5-ply Maple/Poplar
- Binding: Body 5 ply black and white, Fingerboard 1-ply white
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper™ C
- Scale Length: 24.72" / 628mm
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.68" / 42.672mm
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Rotomatic™ 18:1
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Mini-ProBucker™ FB720
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Mini-ProBucker™ FB720
- Controls: Neck Volume, Neck Tone, Master Tone, Master Volume
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Strings: .10, .13, .17, .26, .36, .46
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.