The CelloPhant is a teaching aid that will help fix a cello bow hold in an instant!
If you are having trouble forming a correct cello bow hold, then this is the perfect cello teaching aid for you. Once installed on your bow, the clever elephant shaped device will guide your hand into the right position.
The rounded shape of the elephant encourages a curved hand whilst the grooves of the elephant help with finger placement. The Cellophant trains the hand to hold the bow correctly and naturally through muscle memory, thereby freeing the player to learn and enjoy other elements of string playing.
Another added bonus of the cellophant is that the added weight to the bow encourages better tone production.
We recommend using the teaching aid two weeks on and two weeks off repetitively until you see improvement, so that the player does not become completely reliant on the aid. Please see the video below on how to install the Cellophant correctly.
Invented by master string teachers Ruth Brons and her mother Martha Brons, the Things 4 Strings® patented bow accessories are award-winning products that have helped countless violin, viola and cello students shape and stabilise bow holds – moving beginning players to a functional bow hold in an Instant!
- Beginners, young and old, enjoy the rewards of playing sooner, and progress though lesson material faster, because less time is spent on bow hold corrections.
- Continuing players have found these accessories very useful for remedial work.
- Therapists have found many special applications for players with physical challenges in their bow hand.
- Things4Strings bow hold accessories are great for Suzuki violin, viola and cello students, traditional private lesson students, school orchestra programs, and self-learners. Universal-Fit, for all beginning players, ages 3 to 103!
- Engineered with solid pedagogy - and FUN. All will love the cellophant colours available: blue, sparkly pink, classic grey, black and purple.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.